HIGHLIGHTS OF SAIGON CITY AND EXPLORE CU CHI “STEEL LAND”
TOUR CODE: DAY4
Time : Full-day, 07:30 – 17:00
- Watch a short documentary about Cu Chi during the war
- Experience the network of Cu Chi Tunnels
- Gain more knowledge about the amazing tenacity shown by the locals during the Vietnam war
- Try some rifle shooting (optional with surcharge)
- Discover a brave Vietnamese people through the History Museum or the War Remnants Museum (History Museum to be replaced by War Remnants Museum on Monday)
- Visit the China town and explore the daily activities of locals at Binh Tay wholesale market.
- View the unique architecture of Thien Hau Temple.
Explore Cu Chi Tunnels and Saigon city
The Cu Chi Tunnel systems had been created a long time back, from 1948 to assist Viet Minh in the combat against the French. And it was continuing built over 25 years later. It was an underground city with living areas, kitchens, storage, weapons factories, field hospitals, command centers…
09h00AM: Arrive at Cu Chi Tunnels (Ben Dinh) and proceed to an underground hut to watch a short documentary video and presentation about Cu Chi Tunnels during the wartime.
Afterward, you will have a soft walk into the jungle to visit the bomb craters, the countless traps, the secret entrance, the fighting bunkers, the air ventilation and the constructed living areas. For those interested, there is a chance to fire off an AK47, M16, Garand…with real bullets at the shooting range (on your own account). Furthermore, you can witness the rice-paper (spring roll skin) as well as the rice-wine production line and you can even try to go through the actual tunnel. Then, you will gather together to test tasting the steamed tapioca root which is the main staple food in Cu Chi during the war.
Driving back to Ho Chi Minh City.
Have lunch at a local restaurant.
Afternoon: Transfer to the China Town to visit Thien Hau temple, Binh Tay wholesale market – the biggest one in Saigon.
Then visit the War Remnants or the Vietnam History Museum.
Back to your hotel. End of service.
Contact us via: firstname.lastname@example.org